Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Oslo

Hi everyone! We are back from Norway and finally caught up on some sleep! I just finished uploading and labelling all 300 pics from our trip (we got camera happy, what can I say!) - so now I can finally start our recaps!

We started our trip in Oslo. Brian had work to do all day so I was on my own for sightseeing. The weather was ok - mostly overcast and a little chilly - but there wasn't any rain, so that was a plus. I didn't really know anything about Oslo but I knew I only had an afternoon to explore. I admit - I did some poor planning.


My plan for the day was to wander around central Oslo, see the harbor, the palace, etc. Which I did. And it was OK. Oslo isn't the prettiest or most exciting city that I've been to. So while I had a great time seeing the Fortress and all the shops down by the harbor, and even the Royal Palace and a very organized children's bike race - there are many other cooler sights I could have seen (such as the sculpture park or the Viking museum).

Ah well - c'est la vie

What I did see I like and I got to do a lot of window shopping since I was on my own, which I thoroughly enjoyed as well! But I couldn't help wanting to get out of Oslo, and onto our next part of the trip....Bergen and the kayaking trip!

0 comments:

Post a Comment