Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Thursday, February 03, 2011

Project 52 - week 4 and 5

Oops!

I missed posting my Project 52 submit last week...this is what happens when you buy season 3 and 4 of Mad Men and you shut yourself in your flat and are cut off from the rest of the world.

So.worth.it.

No offense.

The theme for week 4 was "Soothing Repetition".  I was really stumped on what to shoot for this theme. Technically, you don't have to follow the theme each week, but I was up for the challenge. So I thought. And I thought. And I thought.



don't mind the dust

My soothing repetition? Blow drying my hair. Granted, it only takes me about 5 minutes from start to finish (gotta love those fine hair genes), but its five minutes every morning I look forward to. For many people getting ready in the morning is stressful - they are running late, the kids are running around screaming, the TV is on with a million stories about the world ending...and its only 8 a.m.

Luckily, my mornings aren't like that. Granted, I don't have kids running around and I don't have the TV on to distract me - heck my husband isn't even around to fight the bathroom for. My mornings are pretty quiet.

I'll enjoy it while I can.

The theme for week 5 was "Muse".

Is it wrong that my mind immediately thought of candy?

Seriously. The first thought.

(don't tell my husband)


I've been pretty delinquent this week taking these photos. I knew that I was going to have to go in to a shop to take these photos. And that meant asking permission to take said photos. I don't like asking permission for things. Generally I chicken out and end up being that creep on the sidewalk taking photos through the window.

Creep.

Alas, when I walked in to Fortnum and Mason to check out their candy selection I knew I was going to have to muster up the guts to *gulp* ask permission.

So I picked the least intimidating employee behind the counter and charged forward.

And it was fine.

I think you'll be seeing a few more of the weekly themes taking place at F&M.

(Since I've already asked permission once, I think I'm fine to never ask again. SCORE!)

Here are a couple more photos from today that I really liked but didn't make the final cut.




0 comments:

Post a Comment