Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! Well...almost :)

Before I get into new years wishes and all that good stuff, i came across something in the grocery store this morning and i just had to share it with everyone.

I decided to go to the grocery store early this morning (well, early for me) to get a few things for our new years day brunch. It was unusually quiet today and I found myself wandering around the aisles enjoying the quiet. And if you know me at all, you know that I can be in a grocery store for HOURS just wandering around looking at food. Weird, I know. Anyway, I found myself wandering down the candy aisle (me in the candy aisle?? never!!) when I saw the most disturbing candy Ive ever seen. Foam Shrimp and Bananas. Yup, read it again. Foam Shrimp and Bananas. By "foam" they mean a marshmallow type candy, kind of like a circus peanut. Bananas and strawberries I can understand. Maybe I can even accept a bag of foam shrimp all by itself. Its weird but who am I to judge. But bananas AND shrimp?? What?? Couldn't they have come up with a better combo than that?? I wonder if the foam shrimp actually taste like shrimp...so gross.

Heres a picture for your viewing pleasure











Ok, back to my New Years greeting. Happy New Year to you all, I hope you have a fun and safe night of celebrating. Brian and I are keeping it fairly quiet this year. We are going out to dinner with some friends and some of their friends, and then out for a drink or two after that. Should be a good time, but nothing crazy. Certainly not like our past NYE parties...I feel a bit lost without having one this year! I miss you all!! HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

ps - if you get a random drunk dial from brian and I at 8 pm, please remember we are at least 5 hours ahead of you guys, its not that were lushes :)

1 comment:

  1. Yum...shrimp and bananas :) I gagged a little bit.

    Have a great NYE - miss you!

    xo,
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete