Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Friday, September 16, 2011

Friday Favorites - #NYFW

Hellllloooo weekend!

Ok, one more day until the weekend but we are socloseIcanfeelit!

As you may (or may not) already know New York Fashion Week kicked off last weekend and has been going full steam ahead all week. As it draws to a close I thought I would highlight a couple of my favorite collections this season! (Which are probably fairly predictable if you know me at all) 

I can remember the first time I ever looked at runway collections - I was  probably around sixteen or so (ok, so I guess my memory isn't that good) and would spend HOURS looking at runway photos of the latest collections on my parents computer, on our trusty AOL and dial-up internet. No wonder it took me hours...who even remembers dial-up?! I didn't really know what these collections were all about at the time, I just knew that I couldn't stop looking at all of the wonderful photos of such amazing clothing. What I did know was that I had to do something with all of that inspiration. And that's when I decided I wanted to go to school for fashion.

*J Crew - for the first time ever J Crew presented at NYFW. And no they didn't do a fashion show thinkin' they were all some big hot shot designer like Alexander Wang. Instead they put together a presentation of their Spring 2012 highlights and invited guests, celebs and the press in for a sneak peak. They just launched their first store in Canada and are now shipping to the UK (can I get a Hell Yeah!) so the focus on the presentation was getting the word out there and creating more accessibility to the foreign press. What can you expect for Spring 2012? Classic silhouettes in new fabrics and crazy amazing colors. You can also expect some play on proportions - head designer Marissa Webb highlights oversized cashmere sweaters as a key piece. Also keep your eye out for their amazing accessories - start saving your pennies now!



Get the full article on WWD here!

**Vera Wang - need I say anymore? She can, in my eyes, do no wrong. Even when your collection is based on Alice in Wonderland with a trippy-water color-acid feel to it, Vera still manages a slam dunk. The fabrics...the colors...the patterns...the silhouettes and construction and attention to detail! LOVE.



Get the full article on WWD here!

***Organic Girly - check out my friend Jennifer's blog pieces on #NYFW round up of organic and sustainable fashion. If you're like most people, you probably don't realize what goes in to make the clothes that sit  untouched in your closet for weeks (months...years??) on end. I'd like to think that the world is getting a little greener these days and fashion is a great, creative, way to do your part! Also check out her full article on Ecoplum.com.


London Fashion Weeks kicks off this weekend. There are tents being sent up outside my office in Berkeley Square and an unusual number of super tall gorgeous women on the streets (for London at least). I'm looking forward to seeing what British designers have come up with for the Spring 2012 season - especially Burberry as they have been on a roll the last couple of years! 

Have a great weekend everyone - catch ya on the flip side!

(huh? right, just go with it)

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out & great round up! Love to you!!! xx

    ReplyDelete