Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Saturday, August 13, 2011

Friday Favorites

Hello lovelies!

Is it just me - or has this been one hell of a week?! Everything from AAA downgrades to market tumbles and riots in my own backyard.

WTF?!?!

Please excuse the schizophrenia of this weeks Friday favorites...clearly, it's been that kind of a week.

*These 8" Ballerina Christian Louboutin shoes
image courtesy of the Daily Mail
These are amazing/crazy/badass/cartoon-like/beautiful all at the same time. I think they fit the craziness theme of this past week, don't you? These Swarovski crystal encrusted beauties were created specially for an auction fundraiser for the English National Ballet back at the end on June. Check out the full article here in the Daily Mail.

Also tips on this weeks craziness theme but seriously, you can't tell me that you have never felt like that article. Genius.

***The Happiness Project



I finished reading this book last week and it has resonated with me in more ways than I can count. I decided to read the book because I thought it would be a witty-light hearted account of one womans mission to be happier in her every day life for one year. It was that and so much more. It was more "self help" than I would have guessed but it brings up so many good points and so many (as Oprah says) "Ah-ha" moments that I can't seem to let go of. Even if you don't start your own "official" in-depth Happiness Project I guarantee that if you read this book you will start changing small things in your life that will make a big impact. AH HA!

and lastly...

****This mug
image courtesy of apiecebydenise on Etsy
Milk? Check.
Cookies? Check.
Only having to use one hand to carry milk + cookies = genius

Let's hope this weekend is the return to normalcy.

0 comments:

Post a Comment