Like what you see?

Thanks for stopping by! Don't forget to follow me along as I stumble through traveling and baking adventures. Sign up to receive The Traveling Cupcake via email or RSS feed - the links are on the right! Also, make sure to check out the mini traveling cupcake for all of my baby updates. Hope to see you again soon!

Tuesday, November 03, 2009

Happy (belated) Halloween

Hello!

I know. This post is about, mmm 3 days late. Oops. I'm going to blame it on the fact that Halloween isn't a huge holiday over here. In the weeks leading up to the actual day there were more Christmas decorations and candy in the stores than there were for Halloween!

However, there was a little bit of spooky activity in these parts - we had a pumpkin carving competition at work! Its an annual even, and gets very competitive. Working in a creative environment certainly results in some creative carvings!

My team decided to scale back on the "carving" and focus on the "decorating aspect of the event. I present to you - Pumpkin Gaga














It was actually pretty rubbish (direct quote from my coworker - not me!) but we had a great time dressing her up. Sadly, we didn't place in the top three...we probably came in dead last to be honest. But still, it was fun.

And now we have a looonnngggg two month wait until the next big Holiday here in London, Christmas. The Christmas songs have already started on the radio and the lights are already up in all the streets. I'm sure I'll be sick of it all by Dec 20, but for now I'm kind of loving it!

Hope you had a great Halloween!

0 comments:

Post a Comment